Monday, January 10, 2011

Oh the weather outside is... always frightful.

It is so cold! The high for today is 14 and the low is -2. I love this town and I love our apartment, and I adore my husband, but couldn't he choose a warmer Mormon town to go to school!?

Besides the cold, things are going pretty well here! K finally feels all the way better and I still feel a little cruddy, but MUCH better than I was! Turns out, it was probably a bug, since we didn't eat anything that could've poisoned us... Lovely.

I am not having much luck finding a job in Rexburg. One day, Kevin and I literally went door to door asking to speak to managers to see if anybody was hiring. So far, nothing. I do have my part-time position working as a nanny in Rigby (about 15 minutes away), but that's only like 18 hours a week and at $9 an hour, it definitely isn't enough to pay bills. The rent is paid for 4 months, and the car payment is pretty much taken care of, but we need regular income for utilities, cell phones, gas, food.... Kevin has a job at McDonald's, but they haven't called to schedule him, yet, so we're both kind of on the edge right now. I mean, we're fine, don't feel bad for us, or send in the troops, but do pray that we'll find me a job! I was supposed to be working at a big Mexican restaurant about 30 minutes away, but they have been out of touch, so I'm starting to get pretty nervous. Please pray that that will pull through!!!

On a much brighter note, I am enjoying my job as a nanny. I watch 3 little ones: Bradley, age 4. Brooklyn, age 3. Bridger, age 4months. They are lovely kids and I pretty much have it made! I get there at 8:30am and leave at 2:30pm. Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I eat breakfast and lunch there, and Brad goes to school for 2 of those hours and then they all nap for an hour! It's easy, the kids are fantastic, the mother is super friendly, it's close-by, and the money is good. The disadvantage is that it's only 18 hours/week and whenever there's no school, I don't work, because the mom can be home. It's not a very steady source of income, but it's income, right?

Well, I have to go get ready for work. I'm only working a few hours today because the dad took off work, so I'll be back later and I may do a few flashback posts before the big BCS Bowl tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment