Friday, January 7, 2011

Flashback #1

Kevin and I are still not feeling completely better, but if he's allowed to play Xbox, then I'm allowed to blog!

I know I absolutely will not do any of these events justice by trying to go back and blog in hindsight, but they do need to be recorded... So, last time I blogged, I was a big frazzled mess. Between trying to get everything packed and cleaned and planned, I was a complete disaster! After I blogged, I packed and cleaned and just overall panicked. I remember sitting on the floor of my room at about 10pm crying because I had no idea how everything was going to get done, and Kevin's phone was dead and I hadn't talked to him since like 3pm. It was awful! I was stressed and tired, and all I wanted was to talk to my fiancee and his phone was dead. Finally, at about 1am, he called and said his phone had died and he had just gotten home. I considered fussing at him for it, but decided I didn't have the energy and I'd go bridezilla on him in the morning... That didn't go as planned... At about 7:45am, I get a phone call:
K: Good morning! Are you still sleeping?!?
G: grunt
K: What are you gonna do? Sleep until I get there?
--At this point, I started having suspicions that something was up. I had thought that maybe the Irwins would surprise me by bringing him home early, but I had expected him on Friday and since he didn't come, I decided I shouldn't get my hopes up.--
G: Uh-huh,
K: Well then, get up!
G: Huh?
K: Come downstairs. I'm here.
G: Noyou'renooot...
K: Yes, I am. Come downstairs.
G: You are not downstairs! What are you doing?
K: Watching TV.
G: What are you watching?
K: The news.
--Listen for the sounds of TV, sure enough, the news are on.... NO WAY!--
G: Oh my gosh!!! --put a headband on, just in case!--


G: AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

He came home early! Took a red-eye just to surprise me! I was so excited! Unfortunately, his mom AKA productivity Nazi insisted we continue working and packing, so we went to the storage unit and got things done. I don't know how anything would've gotten done without her cracking the whip! Thanks, Regina :)

The rest of the weekend was spent in complete bliss with him home, tons of snow, and Michael and Tara there visiting as well! Although church got cancelled because of the snow, we still had a great family fun-filled weekend! Okay, K's done playing now, so I'm gonna go snuggle a bit before going to clean the temple tonight! What a cool service project, right!? Talk to you soon :)

2 comments:

  1. How was cleaning the temple?! I remember when they had the open house I was upstairs and so excited because I could see all the way down the hall and into all the rooms up there (I was a tour guide). I'm excited to go back in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually couldn't go, because I was still sick :( I am so excited to go, though! We plan on going some time this week!

    ReplyDelete