Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Behind already :/

How on Earth am I behind already, you ask? Hmm... Let's see... Of all of the things I was supposed to do today, I finished.... NONE! Ugh! My dad was behind schedule and therefore, I couldn't do anything I was supposed to do today! Instead, I did get other things done! I packed my room and only left out what I'll be using for the next couple of weeks, I packed my bathroom, I finished my laundry, I cleaned my room, and we did finish our Temple Prep classes yesterday! I also went to Target and exchanged a couple of things, bought our thank you cards and pretty clothes for our honeymoon ;) So, all in all, although I am going out of order, I AM getting things done!

Today was a weird day. In case you've missed it, I am crazy about to-do lists and schedules. Today, the worst case scenario actually happened. My dad missed our appointment to clean out the storage unit, so I went and it turns out I can't move anything because it's all packed in there so tight. I need a couple of big, strong men to move some heavy furniture around. Then, I was going to decorate Waverly, but my dad was having dinner with the missionaries at the same time that we were supposed to be decorating... I do love him dearly, but he needs a personal assistant to keep him straight. So now, it looks like we've rescheduled for Thursday morning! So, after waiting a while in the cold, I drove home. When I got home, Regina helped me clean/pack my room and bathroom and fold/hang my laundry! It's so nice to have help and company on such boring tasks :) After we finished, we waited on Dad Irwin to finish installing a thermostat and we left for Target! Yesterday, I got a gift in the mail from Bro. and Sis. Gruber, and when I opened it (a 17-piece Pyrex set!), I noticed one of the bowls was cracked, so I took it to Target to exchange it and went ahead and bought some other stuff I needed (see? PRO-duuuuuuuh-ctive!) Then, we went to dinner at Chic-Fil-A and caught the next ferry back!

On the way there, my best friend, Catherine, called with bad news... She can't make it to D.C. for the wedding :'(! I'm super bummed out because she is my absolute best friend in the whole wide world! It's hard to imagine my wedding day without her by my side, and although I can think of alternate solutions to get her to D.C. without  invalidating her perfectly good reasons, I will let her make her move. At least I will have my mom and grandma with me on that special day!

That special day... hmmm... I can't believe this is really happening to me! In just 8 days, I will be going to the temple to be sealed for time and eternity to the love of my life, Kevin Andrew Irwin! It is so surreal that this is really happening! I have always dreamed of getting married and living happily ever after and here it is!!! I have very little to get done on wedding stuff besides taking care of myself! Mostly, now, I just have to worry  about packing! I am so excited, and barely nervous!

Well, now that I've blogged my little heart out, I'm going to go write to Jeff (Kevin's missionary baby brother), and then hit the sack!

Adios :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment